Things you need to know
Here are the basic rules of microblading aftercare:
- Wash your face gently and be especially careful around the treated area. Pat it with a clean tissue. Don’t rub your brows.
- Only use the products prescribed by your esthetician. Don’t use skincare products on your own, because they may contain ingredients such as exfoliates and acids, which can affect the pigment.
- Let the scabs fall off naturally. Don’t pick them because you can rip some pigment off and that is hard to fix.
- Don’t sleep on your face and use a clean pillowcase, ideally a silk one.
- Don’t wear makeup for at least 10 days. You may be tempted to wear makeup on the rest of your face avoiding the treated area, but artists advise against it, since the makeup and removal products can come in contact with the tender area when you remove the makeup.
- Avoid sweating, saunas, swimming in the ocean and pools, and long showers.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning.As you can see, the basic aftercare rules are very strict.
- You are not allowed to wear makeup and use cosmetic products.
- For this reason, plan carefully before you book your microblading appointment. Bear in mind that your brows need some time to heal, and you’ll also need to get the touch-up.